Their names are Martina Plantin (1550 – 1616), Anna Goos (1627 – 1691), Anna-Maria de Neuf (1654 – 1714) and Maria-Theresia Borrekens (1728 – 1797). They managed the company for long periods of time, guaranteeing its continuity.
The museum gives you a chance to look at the Plantin-Moretus family and the Officina Plantiniana firm from a fresh perspective, notably that of the woman who lived and worked here. Enter the world of the hard working, determined and entrepreneurial Moretus ladies.
What to expect
- You discover the fascinating life in this house through the stories about the enterprising women.
- You look with a woman's eye at the portraits in the house, at their outfit, the evolution of fashion.
- You learn that entrepreneurship is like walking on a thight rope, for both women and men.
- guided tour for adults
- maximum 15 people per guide
- duration: maximum 90 minutes
- price for the guide: €115 (administration fee included)
- tickets for the museum (ticket prices)
Book your guide
Book your guided tour at Experience Antwerp.