Plantin-Moretus Museum: Vrijdagmarkt 22, 2000 Antwerp
Just a 5-minute walk from the Groenplaats, the Grote Markt and the quays. A 20-minute walk from Central Station.
Located in the creative heart of the city, on the lively Vrijdagmarkt square, with many restaurants and cafes. Around the corner from the renovated Fashion Museum and the shopping streets Nationalestraat and Kammenstraat. In the surrounding streets, visitors can indulge themselves in small boutiques, pleasant pedestrian shopping streets and squares.
- Full rate: € 12
- Reduced rate: €8
- Reservation: you can reserve entrance tickets for the museum online in advance via www.museumplantinmoretus.be.
- Tuesday to Sunday: 10 am to 5 pm
- Closed: Mondays & holidays (November 1, December 25, January 1, May 1)
- Open exceptionally: Easter Monday and Whit Monday
The Plantin-Moretus Museum is about a 5-minute walk from the Groenplaats.
- By public transport: metro / tram: 3, 5, 9, 15 (Meir) / 4, 7 (Lange Gasthuisstraat)
- By bike: bicycle station Velo nearby: www.velo-antwerpen.be
- By car: P-route Meir - Stadsschouwburg: parking Oudaen, Arenberg, Horta (Hopland), Lombardia
- By bus: Autocarparking Kaai 19 (signage SK 19): free, no reservation required. At 5 minutes walking distance from the historic center. Bus drivers can drop off and pick up their passengers at the following stops of public transport De Lijn (maximum 10 minutes). For destination (P-route) historic center: direction north: stop at Suikerrui / Steenplein - direction south: stop at Suikerrui / Ernest Van Dijckkaai
Visit the Plantin-Moretus Museum with a guide.
- Various plugs are possible. View the range of guided tours here
- Duration: 90 minutes
- Capacity: max. 15 people per guide & max. Two groups per hour
- Languages: We have guides who can show you around in Dutch, English, French, German, Spanish, Italian and Russian
- Price guided tour: for the guide: € 85 + € 5 administration costs; exclusive entrance fee to the museum
- Reservation of the guides: to be reserved in advance via Experience Antwerp: experienceantwerp.be
- Purchase of entrance tickets: you can reserve entrance tickets for the museum online in advance via www.museumplantinmoretus.be.
- With your own guides: in the Museum Plantin-Moretus you can also lead a group with your own guides. Then it is sufficient to purchase entrance tickets for the members of the group via the website.
Workshops and demonstrations
The Plantin-Moretus Museum offers 2 workshops: printing or etching. Or book our demonstration: our printer shows how printers printed in the time of Plantin: with lead type on a manual printing press.
The museum without a guide
Visitors can discover the museum even without a guide. The Plantin-Moretus Museum has many tools to guide visitors:
- Audio guide 'Plantin, visionary publisher': FREE, available at the museum desk. In Dutch, French, German and English.
- Audio play 'Meet Plantin and his family': FREE available at the museum desk. In Dutch, French and English.
- Floor plan with highlights: FREE, available at the museum desk and download here
- Visitor guide: FREE, to use during the visit and download here
- Museum guide: For sale in the museum shop, in Dutch, French, German and English.
The Plantin-Moretus Museum is a historic house with many stairs. Only the ground floor is wheelchair accessible.
- General: firstname.lastname@example.org | +32 (0) 3 221 14 50 | www.museumplantinmoretus.be
- Press: Nadia De Vree: email@example.com
- Marketing & communication: Stephanie Benoit: firstname.lastname@example.org
Press releases, logos, texts and images can be found at: pers.museumplantinmoretus.be
Mix & match
A visit to the Plantin-Moretus Museum is easy to combine.
- The renovated Fashion Museum is around the corner
- You will find more Rubens in the Rubens House
- For more 16th century you can visit the Rockox & Snijdershuis
- Steenhouwersvest, Nationalestraat and Kammenstraat are exclusive shopping streets and are close to the museum.
- The museum is located near the Hoogstraat and the Kloosterstraat. The shops in these streets are open on Sundays
Food & drinks
- The museum is located on the Vrijdagmarkt. Several restaurants & cafes are located here.
- The museum is located in the historic center and is therefore less than a 5-minute walk from must-sees such as the Grote Markt with the City Hall, the Cathedral, the Steen and the quays.